Building Patrioony (part 2)

The body tube with motor mount looks good. The Kevlar moves freely in the guide straw.

The fins looked good, too, when I took them out from under the books; I trimmed the paper, applied CA on the edges, then came back later and sanded the edges, then glued the fins on. (I didn’t mention this before, but before papering the fins I rounded the leading edges. The other edges are square.)

IMG_1991As before, my Estes fin tool needed a slight bit of persuasion on one side.

I didn’t fill the spirals and I’m not going to; on this tube the spirals are pretty subtle and the primer should be sufficient to take care of them.

I also tweaked the decal design. I wasn’t happy with the scaled stripes; thought the horizontal part needed to be wider and the vertical parts narrower. Here’s a new mockup of just the stripes and text.IMG_1993

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s