Building Patrioony (part 7)

Now for the part I’ve been dreading a little: Decals.

The decals I’d printed before had kind of a rough surface, presumably due to my inadequate spray-painting techniques with the clear coat. Having done a better job on this and Test to Destruction with spraying visible paint I thought I’d see if I could do better with invisible paint, so I printed up a new set of decals and clear coated that. The resulting surface was much better.

I used my aluminum angle to make some light pencil marks in the yellow for the rectangle decals:IMG_2100

And then I couldn’t put it off any longer, so I started applying the decals:IMG_2101

I like it! I don’t know if the difference in the clear coat had anything to do with it, or if (seems more plausible) it had to do with these decals being fresh off the printer — the others were printed some time back — but I had no problems at all with cracking. And nothing got torn or wrinkled or folded over while being applied. Victory!IMG_2102I had a big grin on my face at this point.

 

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s