Building Patrioony (part 8)

I loaded up a C6-5 and a 12″ chute. Then, because I’ve never before seen what it looks like when a rocket fails a swing test, I did a swing test. It failed.

No great surprise. The CG was a little further back than my OpenRocket sim predicted, which means it was just about right on top of the CP. Between OR and some experimental measurements I concluded it needed about 25 grams nose weight (a lot!) to get to around 1.3 calibers stability. It’s a short, fat rocket so maybe that’s overkill, but that’s what I went with.

I used lead BBs, wetted and dropped into the nose with Gorilla Glue added.

IMG_2103

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s