If there’s one thing I learned from
it is that you don’t measure two things against a ruler if you can measure one against the other. So I didn’t take a ruler, and measure the exact height of the launch lug from the body tube, and then transfer that measurement to the tail rings… no, I just slid a ring up against the launch lug, and marked it.
Then I used a rotary punch to punch the holes in the two largest centering rings.
Gluing the first two rings in place — after first marking the ring positions on the tube, and making sure the launch lug line was extended down to the bottom of the tube. Elmer’s yellow glue here.
And the last two rings. A dowel through the launch lug and ring holes makes sure everything’s aligned.
Fillets. Titebond No-Drip No-Run.
And that’s about all I can do until painting weather returns. We have snow piling up tonight, so that won’t be soon.