Building the Estes Ventris (part 2)

Fillets.

IMG_2695Oh yeah. Spirals. I decided this time not to fill them. The primaries are practically invisible. The secondaries aren’t but I think they’ll be okay after priming and sanding, and if not, no big deal.

So then I glued together the body tube. I marked the coupler halfway, applied generous amounts of tacky glue inside the lower body tube, and pushed the coupler in up to the mark. Then I paused. Then I tried twisting the coupler. Couldn’t. Frozen.

So no, I no longer believe in tacky glue’s supposed grab-free nature. I’m lucky I didn’t get burned by it. As of the other end of that coupler I’m back to epoxy for tight fit parts. But first I taped a cotton swab to a dowel (having read Chris Michielssen’s blog yesterday) and cleaned up the excess tacky glue that was running down the inside of the tube…

 

Advertisements

One thought on “Building the Estes Ventris (part 2)

  1. Pingback: Unstuck | Rich's Rockets

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s