From this Rocksim file linked from M. C. Fischer’s build page the center of pressure should be about a caliber behind the join between the two tank sections, so I loaded up the rocket with parachute and C6 motor and found (by putting Silly Putty on the nose) it’d need about 28 g nose weight to balance at the join. Which is pretty much exactly what the Rocksim file says, so I figured maybe it was true. I roughed up the inside of the nose with sandpaper and put about 28 g of epoxy and lead BBs in. Our local expert says that should hold fine. I also put epoxy fillets on the launch lug and the rear “centering ring”.And now it’s painting time.