Building the Estes Xarconian Cruiser (part 6)

I cut the second intake tube. First time wasn’t a fluke. Go me. Then I applied thin CA — not as thin as it used to be, unfortunately — to the front and rear edges. These things will need more prep before gluing, but first, back to the fins.

I glued the top fin on, and before the glue dried I dry fit the intakes temporarily to make sure all was good. All was good. After the top fin glue dried I put the intakes back on, held in place with a classy rubber band mount, and stuck in the nose cone for a first look at most of the rocket together.

IMG_3284 IMG_3285 The launch lug sits in an unusual position, almost but not quite at the root of a fin; it’s spaced just a little away from the body tube, to clear the slightly bulbous nose cone. I used a plastic coffee stirrer as a spacer when setting it in place.IMG_3287

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s