Building the Binder Design Excel (part 3)

I brought the kit with me over the weekend, and I did have a few minutes to spare Sunday morning to work on it. The pre-cut fin slots were just a little, maybe 1/16″, too short, so I lengthened them for a snug but not impossible fit. Here’s a dry fit of the finsIMG_3777 (1) and here’s the full stack.IMG_3778 (1)This morning I started assembling the fin can. Following instructions, I dry fit the forward centering ring before pushing the motor mount into the body tube. Then I inaugurated the fin fixture by bungee-ing the tube to it, after which I mixed some epoxy, applied it to just the root edge of a fin — keeping it off the sides of the tab — and put the fin in place.IMG_3812

I’ll do the next fin tonight. I’m giving them plenty of cure time especially since I’m awaiting delivery of some milled fibers to use in the fillets to come.

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s