June. Fine month, that.
- Level 1 certification Did that.
- Fly an I motor Not yet, but I’ve bought one, and the hardware.
- Put an entry (however pathetic) into at least four club launch contests and four club launch themes Flew the Ranger for the theme and the Callisto for the theme and contest this month. D Region Tomahawk for the September theme and contest (and NARTREK Silver) is being painted. No progress in June, unfortunately, for the Rose-a-Roc for the August contest.
- NARTREK Silver Flew the Ranger for the cluster requirement; see above for D Region for scale requirement.
- Complete all rockets in progress or in the build pile as of 1 Jan 2015 (see first 10 entries in table below) Finished the Ranger, painting the D Region.
- Adhere to a budget Very close to budget (instead of significantly under as I was a month ago…) Close enough that I have to stick my fingers in my ears and go LA LA LA LA I CAN’T HEAR YOU when Estes posts specials and interesting new rockets, or when I encounter vendors at launches.
- Fly lots of stuff 5 flights (9 motors) in June; 15 flights (19 motors; 514.4 N-s) for the year. Number of flights lagging behind last year’s rate but that’s fine.
- Have fun Definitely. Meeting was good, Rocketry Team Challenge was excellent, club launch was great, day at LDRS was pretty cool. Building and painting have been mostly pleasant too.
Victories and notable activities other than the above:
- Flew first clusters.
- Repairing the Lunar Eclipse Jr.
Planned 2015 builds:
|Rocket||Status as of 1 July 2015||Notes|
|In progress as of 1 Jan 2015:|
|Starlight Saber||1st primer on|
|Shrockets Sea Sting||2nd primer on|
|Quest MLAS||Partly assembled|
|Estes D-Region Tomahawk||2nd primer on||For NARTREK Silver and September launch contest/theme|
|Estes Xarconian Cruiser||Assembled|
|In build pile as of 1 Jan 2015:|
|Estes (clone) Fat Boy||Build pile||Bash from Mega Mosquito|
|(scratch) Micro Fat Boy||Build pile||Bash from Mosquito; need fin stock, MMX mount parts|
|Estes Big Daddy||Assembled||Estes warranty replacement for cato damaged Lunar Eclipse Jr.|
|Estes (clone) Ranger||Done||For NARTREK Silver and June launch theme|
|Excelsior Honest Goon||Assembled|
|Acquired or plan to acquire in 2015 (for goals):|
|FlisKits Rose-a-Roc||In progress||For August launch contest|
|Squirrel Works Callisto (modified)||Done||For June launch contest|
|Binder Design Excel||Done||For level 1 certification|
|Acquired or thinking of acquiring in 2015 (other):|
|ASP or Semroc V-2 (18 mm)||Some parts in hand||Have decals (for White Sands Round 3), need kit. Build if I decide not to use DRT for NARTREK Silver (or if I feel like it!)|
|Estes Scion||Build pile|
|Excelsior Nike-G||Some parts in hand||Have decals and fin stock, need Baby Bertha kit|
|Excelsior Pink Mini Max||Build pile|
|FlisKits Buck Shot||Build pile|
|(scratch) C6-3 burner||Some parts in hand||Working on design, will presumably need to get parts|
|(scratch) Flake||Working on design|
|(scratch) Rxiiiab||RX prototype|
|(scratch) RX||Build pile||For August