Building the FlisKits Rose-a-Roc (Part 5)

Okay, let’s get this thing done, shall we? Or a lot of the way toward done.

I put the hub together and wired the rotors to the hub.

IMG_4072 Here it is after trimming the wires and putting the hub on the dowel.IMG_4074 At which point I discovered an oops.IMG_4075 I’d seen that this addendum modifies Step 29. I’d missed that it also modifies Step 17. No biggie, I was still able to sharpen the dowel with a handheld pencil sharpener. Then the nose cone went on.IMG_4078Dihedral adjustment happened here. They say to use a pair of needle nose pliers. I say you need two pairs.

Then the fins. Original style. The modified fins would probably be fine for the contest, but who knows, this thing may survive long enough to fly on bigger motors.IMG_4080Finally after long delays, the end is in sight for this build.

 

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s