This has been a month.
- Level 1 certification Done that.
- Fly an I motor Not yet, but I’ve bought one, and the hardware.
- Put an entry (however pathetic) into at least four club launch contests and four club launch themes Completed the Rose-a-Roc for the August contest. Worked on the D-Region Tomahawk for the September theme/contest. Built a saucer which is mildly odd for the August theme, not that I don’t already have odd-rocs to fly.
- NARTREK Silver The D Region Tomahawk is also for the scale requirement. Completed the glider requirement.
- Complete all rockets in progress or in the build pile as of 1 Jan 2015 (see first 10 entries in table below) Completed the Sea Sting. Worked on DRT and Honest Goon.
- Adhere to a budget $56 ahead, most of which is because I’m counting money received for two kits I sold on eBay as unbudgeted income.
- Fly lots of stuff 7 flights (7 motors; 45.77 N-s) in July; 22 flights (26 motors; 560.169 N-s) for the year.
- Have fun Yep. The club launch had its aggravations and the Rose-a-Roc was not as much fun to build as most rockets, but I had a good time.
Victories and notable activities other than the above:
- Revived and flew the Lunar Eclipse Jr.
- Published a newsletter issue.
|Rocket||Status as of 1 August 2015||Notes|
|In progress as of 1 Jan 2015:|
|Starlight Saber||1st primer on|
|Shrockets Sea Sting||Done|
|Quest MLAS||Partly assembled|
|Estes D-Region Tomahawk||Color paint in progress||For NARTREK Silver and September launch contest/theme|
|Estes Xarconian Cruiser||Assembled|
|In build pile as of 1 Jan 2015:|
|Estes (clone) Fat Boy||Build pile||Bash from Mega Mosquito|
|(scratch) Micro Fat Boy||Build pile||Bash from Mosquito; need fin stock, MMX mount parts|
|Estes Big Daddy||Assembled||Estes warranty replacement for cato damaged Lunar Eclipse Jr.|
|Estes (clone) Ranger||Done||For NARTREK Silver and June launch theme|
|Excelsior Honest Goon||1st primer on|
|Acquired or plan to acquire in 2015 (for goals):|
|FlisKits Rose-a-Roc||Done||For August launch contest|
|Squirrel Works Callisto (modified)||Done||For June launch contest|
|Binder Design Excel||Done||For level 1 certification|
|Acquired or thinking of acquiring in 2015 (other):|
|Art Applewhite Scimitar||Done|
|ASP or Semroc V-2 (18 mm)||Some parts in hand||Have decals (for White Sands Round 3), need kit. Build if I decide not to use DRT for NARTREK Silver (or if I feel like it!)|
|Estes Scion||Build pile|
|Excelsior Nike-G||Some parts in hand||Have decals and fin stock, need Baby Bertha kit|
|Excelsior Pink Mini Max||Build pile|
|FlisKits Buck Shot||Build pile|
|(scratch) C6-3 burner||Some parts in hand||Working on design, will presumably need to get parts|
|(scratch) Flake||Working on design|
|(scratch) Rxiiiab||Build pile||Oddroc prototype|
|(scratch) RX||Build pile||For August