August is peak rocketry.
- Level 1 certification Did that in June.
- Fly an I motor Done! Flew my Excel on a Ceseroni 364I212.
- Put an entry (however pathetic) into at least four club launch contests and four club launch themes Flew the Rose-a-Roc for August contest and The Rocket Doctors Recommend Most, Bohica’s Dead Ringer, Ninjago Scimitar, and Rxiiiab for the theme. Completed the D-Region Tomahawk for the September theme/contest.
- NARTREK Silver The D Region Tomahawk is also for the scale requirement.
- Complete all rockets in progress or in the build pile as of 1 Jan 2015 (see first 10 entries in table below) Completed DRT and Honest Goon. Worked on MLAS, Saber, Xarconian Cruiser, Big Daddy, Fat Boy, and Micro Fat Boy.
- Adhere to a budget $16 ahead. Actually I’m way over budget on LPR kits and parts, way under on motors.
- Fly lots of stuff 10 flights (10 motors; 432.4 N-s) in August; 32 flights (36 motors; 992.6 N-s) for the year.
- Have fun Yep. Well, aside from some un-cooperative paint and a mysteriously broken shock cord.
Victories and notable activities other than the above:
- First (completed) night launch scratch build: Big Blinka
- Completed Rxiiiab
- Won August launch contest
|Rocket||Status as of 1 September 2015||Notes|
|In progress as of 1 Jan 2015:|
|Starlight Saber||2nd primer on|
|Shrockets Sea Sting||Done|
|Quest MLAS||Color paint in progress|
|Estes D-Region Tomahawk||Done||For NARTREK Silver and September launch contest/theme|
|Estes Xarconian Cruiser||Color paint in progress|
|In build pile as of 1 Jan 2015:|
|Estes (clone) Fat Boy||Assembled|
|(scratch) Micro Fat Boy||1st color paint on|
|Estes Big Daddy||2nd primer on|
|Estes (clone) Ranger||Done|
|Excelsior Honest Goon||Done|
|Acquired or plan to acquire in 2015 (for goals):|
|Squirrel Works Callisto (modified)||Done|
|Binder Design Excel||Done|
|Acquired or thinking of acquiring in 2015 (other):|
|Art Applewhite Scimitar||Done|
|ASP or Semroc V-2 (18 mm)||Some parts in hand||Have decals (for White Sands Round 3), need kit. Build if I decide not to use DRT for NARTREK Silver (or if I feel like it!)|
|Estes Scion||Build pile|
|Excelsior Nike-G||Some parts in hand||Have decals and fin stock, need Baby Bertha kit|
|Excelsior Pink Mini Max||1st primer on|
|FlisKits Buck Shot||1st color paint on|
|(scratch) Big Blinka||Done|
|(scratch) C6-3 burner||Some parts in hand||Working on design, will presumably need to get parts|
|(scratch) Flake||Working on design|
|(scratch) RX||Build pile||For August