I’ve been on something of a rocketry break, doing other things these past several weeks. First club launch is coming up soon and NYPower after that, so it’s time to get back into action. Right?
- Dual deployment: Nothing so far. It’s looking unlikely for this year, too much else going on.
- Enter at least three club contests, putting some effort into improving my knowledge and skills in those three rocketry areas: No progress on this whatsoever these two months!
- NARTREK Gold: I have assembled the Au-198 and it awaits painting.
- Complete all rockets in progress or in the build pile as of 1 Jan 2016 (see first 6 entries in table below): First primer on the Blenders.
- Adhere to a budget: I don’t think I spent anything on rocketry in April. I haven’t actually reviewed the budget situation but I’m sure I’m ahead, for now.
- Publish five issues of the club newsletter: First issue published.
- Attend NARCON, NYPower, CNYRTC, URRF, and all SRC launches: Not these months.
- Fly lots of stuff: Not these months.
- Have fun: I have been, but doing other stuff.
2016 build/repair progress:
|Rocket||Status as of 1 May 2016||Notes|
|In progress as of 1 Jan:|
|Estes Blenders||1st primer on||One for me, one for my son.|
|Estes Scion||Assembly (almost) done|
|Excelsior Pink Mini Max||1st primer on|
|In build pile as of 1 Jan:|
|Excelsior Nike-G||Build pile||Have decals
|LOC Precision Norad||Build pile|
|(scratch) R13||Assembly (almost) done||Launch lugs need mounting, and “nose cone” needs some work.|
|Acquired or planning to acquire in 2016 (for goals):|
|Lindberg Mars Probe||Build pile||For Sep contest.|
|PMC #2||Wish list||For Sep contest. To be chosen.|
|(scratch) Au-198||Assembly done||NARTREK Gold rocket.|
|(scratch) B2S3||Assembly done||For unvarying May–Oct contest.|
|(scratch) B streamer spot landing rocket #2||Wish list||For unvarying May–Oct contest. Design to be determined,|
|(scratch) Nymph||Build pile||For Jul contest.|
|(scratch) unnamed flexwing boost glider||Assembly in progress||For Jul contest. One glider built (should make 1 or 2 more), booster assembly in progress.|
|Acquired or considering acquiring in 2016 (other):|
|ASP V-2 (18 mm)||Build pile|
|(scratch) C6-3 burner||Wish list||Working on design.|
|(scratch) Flake||Wish list||Working on design.|
|(scratch) Flat Boy||1st primer on|
|New Way Square in the Air||Build pile|
|New Way Too Square||Build pile|
|Semroc Blue Bird Zero||Build pile|
|Semroc Point||Build pile|
|Planning to repair in 2016 (for goals):|
|LOC Precision Fantom EXL||Repair pile||For dual deploy goal. Needs e-bay refit, some repainting.|
|Considering repairing in 2016 (other):|
|Binder Design Excel||Repair pile||Needs (partial) repainting, vinyl decor.|
|Estes Ventris||Repair pile||Needs fin fillet paint.|
|Glencoe Jupiter C||Repair pile||Needs satellite/4th stage replacement.|
|Sandman Decals (Excelsior) Honest Goon||Repair pile||Fix launch rod rubbing on nose cone.|
|(scratch) Test to Destruction||Repair pile||Needs fin paint and trim tape stripe.|
|3D Rocketry Lunar Eclipse Jr.||Repair pile||Fix or replace tight launch lugs.|