Flying has begun, though building is still largely on hold.
- Dual deployment: (Again:) Nothing so far. It’s looking unlikely for this year, too much else going on.
- Enter at least three club contests, putting some effort into improving my knowledge and skills in those three rocketry areas: Launched, crippled, and started to redesign/repair the B3S2. Won the 2-stage Spot Landing, came in 2nd (I think) on the B Streamer Spot Landing.
- NARTREK Gold: Au-198 is in primer. Acquired altimeters.
- Complete all rockets in progress or in the build pile as of 1 Jan 2016 (see first 6 entries in table below): Second primer on the Blenders and Mini Max, first primer on the Scion and R13. Bought two more Baby Bertha kits so Nike-G is buildable.
- Adhere to a budget: I actually am not sure exactly how much I spent on motors last weekend, but I think once that’s accounted for I’ll be fairly close to budget, maybe a little over; but after this I think I’ll spend little if any of the remaining $100 motor money.
- Publish five issues of the club newsletter: Second issue in progress.
- Attend NARCON, NYPower, CNYRTC, URRF, and all SRC launches: Attended NYPower. I’m not sure what I’ll do about URRF. Partly for financial reasons and partly because June is so damn busy, I’m sure I won’t spend three days there; maybe not even two. It’s possible I’ll just drive down for the day and if so, it’ll be to watch — not paying $45 (or $50 on site) for one day’s flying.
- Fly lots of stuff: Yes, club launch and NYPower.
- Have fun: Definitely.
2016 build/repair progress:
|Rocket||Status as of 1 Jun 2016||Notes|
|In progress as of 1 Jan:|
|Estes Blenders||2nd primer on||One for me, one for my son.|
|Estes Scion||1st primer on|
|Excelsior Pink Mini Max||2nd primer on|
|In build pile as of 1 Jan:|
|Excelsior Nike-G||Build pile||Have decals and Baby Bertha kit, need fin stock.|
|LOC Precision Norad||Build pile|
|(scratch) R13||1st primer on||Launch lugs need mounting, and “nose cone” needs some work.|
|Acquired or planning to acquire in 2016 (for goals):|
|Lindberg Mars Probe||Build pile||For Sep contest.|
|PMC #2||Wish list||For Sep contest. To be chosen.|
|(scratch) Au-198||1st primer on||NARTREK Gold rocket.|
|(scratch) B2S3||Assembled (and flown and crippled and redesigned and under repair)||For unvarying May–Oct contest.|
|(scratch) B streamer spot landing rocket #2||Wish list||For unvarying May–Oct contest. Design to be determined,|
|(scratch) Nymph||Build pile||For Jul contest.|
|(scratch) unnamed flexwing boost glider||Assembly in progress||For Jul contest. One glider built (should make 1 or 2 more), booster assembly in progress.|
|Acquired or considering acquiring in 2016 (other):|
|ASP V-2 (18 mm)||Build pile|
|Semroc Blue Bird Zero||Build pile|
|(scratch) C6-3 burner||Wish list||Working on design.|
|(scratch) Flake||Wish list||Working on design.|
|(scratch) Flat Boy||2nd primer on|
|Semroc Point||Build pile|
|New Way Square in the Air||Build pile|
|New Way Too Square||Build pile|
|Estes Mars Snooper||Build pile||or resell?|
|Planning to repair in 2016 (for goals):|
|LOC Precision Fantom EXL||Repair pile||For dual deploy goal. Needs e-bay refit, some repainting.|
|Considering repairing in 2016 (other):|
|Binder Design Excel||Repair pile||Needs (partial) repainting, vinyl decor.|
|Estes Ventris||Repair pile||Needs fin fillet paint.|
|Glencoe Jupiter C||Repair pile||Needs satellite/4th stage replacement.|
|Sandman Decals (Excelsior) Honest Goon||Repair pile||Fix launch rod rubbing on nose cone.|
|(scratch) Test to Destruction||Repair pile||Needs fin paint and trim tape stripe.|
|3D Rocketry Lunar Eclipse Jr.||Repair pile||Launch lugs replaced, need painting.|
|Estes Xarconian Cruiser||Repair pile||Replace lost dowel.|
|Shrockets Sea Sting||Repair pile||Reattach fin piece.|