Back to building and painting!
- Dual deployment: (Again:) Nothing so far. It’s looking unlikely for this year, too much else going on.
- Enter at least three club contests, putting some effort into improving my knowledge and skills in those three rocketry areas: Redesigned/repaired the B3S2 (now B3S2a), used it to win the B Streamer Spot Landing, painted it. I think there may have been only three entries in the C Eggloft Duration, and if so, I maybe came in third. Possibly second? But that wasn’t one of my focus contests. Still pretty much procrastinating on the gliders for the July contest, now two weeks away, though I did spend a couple minutes working with the fins for the flex wing booster.
- NARTREK Gold: Au-198 is done. Altimeter works, and sled’s been modified to fit the Au-198.
- Complete all rockets in progress or in the build pile as of 1 Jan 2016 (see first 6 entries in table below): Finished the Blenders, Mini Max, and Scion; painted the R13.
- Adhere to a budget: Over budget on motors and miscellaneous spending, under budget on electronics and supplies, and made an unbudgeted profit on a kit sale. Altogether well under budget.
- Publish five issues of the club newsletter: Second issue published.
- Attend NARCON, NYPower, CNYRTC, URRF, and all SRC launches: Skipped URRF. Too much other time spent away in June.
- Fly lots of stuff: Yes, not as much at the club launch as I would have liked, but good.
- Have fun: Yes.
2016 build/repair progress:
|Rocket||Status as of 1 Jul 2016||Notes|
|In progress as of 1 Jan:|
|Estes Blenders||Done||One for me, one for my son.|
|Excelsior Pink Mini Max||Done|
|In build pile as of 1 Jan:|
|Excelsior Nike-G||Build pile||Have decals and Baby Bertha kit, need fin stock.|
|LOC Precision Norad||Build pile|
|(scratch) R13||Color paint on|
|Acquired or planning to acquire in 2016 (for goals):|
|Lindberg Mars Probe||Build pile||For Sep contest.|
|PMC #2||Wish list||For Sep contest. To be chosen.|
|(scratch) Au-198||Done||NARTREK Gold rocket.|
|(scratch) B2S3||Done||For unvarying May–Oct contest.|
|(scratch) B streamer spot landing rocket #2||Wish list||For unvarying May–Oct contest. Design to be determined,|
|(scratch) Nymph||Build pile||For Jul contest.|
|(scratch) unnamed flexwing boost glider||Assembly in progress||For Jul contest. One glider built (should make 1 or 2 more), booster assembly in progress.|
|Acquired or considering acquiring in 2016 (other):|
|ASP V-2 (18 mm)||Build pile|
|Semroc Blue Bird Zero||Build pile|
|(scratch) C6-3 burner||Wish list||Working on design.|
|(scratch) Flake||Wish list||Working on design.|
|(scratch) Flat Boy||Color paint on|
|Semroc Point||Build pile|
|New Way Square in the Air||Build pile|
|New Way Too Square||Build pile|
|Planning to repair in 2016 (for goals):|
|LOC Precision Fantom EXL||Repair pile||For dual deploy goal. Needs e-bay refit, some repainting.|
|Considering repairing in 2016 (other):|
|Binder Design Excel||Repair pile||Needs (partial) repainting, vinyl decor.|
|Estes Ventris||Repair pile||Needs fin fillet paint.|
|Glencoe Jupiter C||Repair pile||Needs satellite/4th stage replacement.|
|Sandman Decals (Excelsior) Honest Goon||Repair pile||Fix launch rod rubbing on nose cone.|
|(scratch) Test to Destruction||Repair pile||Needs fin paint and trim tape stripe.|
|3D Rocketry Lunar Eclipse Jr.||Repair pile||Launch lugs replaced, need painting.|
|Estes Xarconian Cruiser||Repair pile||Replace lost dowel.|
|Shrockets Sea Sting||Repair pile||Reattach fin piece.|