Building the LOC Norad (part 2)

 

A few increments of progress on the Norad. I glued the motor mount into the lower body tube and scraped and sanded the seams on the nose and transition.

Looking ahead, I decided on a modification. I have seen literally hundreds of LOC kits flown with LOC style shock cord mounts, many of them made by middle school kids who were literally building their first rocket, and almost none of them have failed. On the first flight, anyway. Still, I didn’t feel as confident of nylon string, masking tape, and epoxy at the front end of the body tube as I did toward Kevlar and a mechanical anchor at the transition. So I drilled two holes in the front end of the transition and threaded my Kevlar through them.

IMG_0030 The transition’s been glued in.IMG_0033

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s