Not so much building and painting this month; little action since the launch.
- Dual deployment: (Again:) Nothing. Will not be doing this in 2016.
- Enter at least three club contests, putting some effort into improving my knowledge and skills in those three rocketry areas: Flew the B3S2a again for the B Streamer Spot Landing. Won, I think. DQd in the B Helicopter contest. Bought an F-100 but decided not to work on it or the Mars Probe for the September PMC contest, one of the three I’d planned to focus on.
- NARTREK Gold: Au-198 not yet repaired. Gold is on hold until 2017, pretty much.
- Complete all rockets in progress or in the build pile as of 1 Jan 2016 (see first 6 entries in table below): Completed the R13, some work on LOC Norad.
- Adhere to a budget: Again: Altogether well under budget. Over in some categories but under in others.
- Publish five issues of the club newsletter: Third issue published.
- Attend NARCON, NYPower, CNYRTC, URRF, and all SRC launches: Did the club launch.
- Fly lots of stuff: Yes.
- Have fun: Yes. Burning up a high power rocket and burning the fin off a low power rocket was not the most fun I’ve ever had, but still, good time at the launch.
2016 build/repair progress:
|Rocket||Status as of 1 Sep 2016||Notes|
|In progress as of 1 Jan:|
|Estes Blenders||Done||One for me, one for my son.|
|Excelsior Pink Mini Max||Done (given away)|
|In build pile as of 1 Jan:|
|Excelsior Nike-G||Build pile||Have decals and Baby Bertha kit, need fin stock.|
|LOC Precision Norad||Assembly in progress|
|Acquired or planning to acquire in 2016 (for goals):|
|Lindberg Mars Probe||Build pile||Originally for Sep contest.|
|Monogram F-100||Build pile||Originally for Sep contest.|
|(scratch) Au-198||Done (repair pile)||NARTREK Gold rocket.|
|(scratch) B2S3a||Done||For unvarying May–Oct contest.|
|(scratch) Nymph||Done (repair pile)||For Jul contest.|
|(scratch) unnamed flexwing boost glider||Done (glider lost)||For Jul contest.|
|Acquired or considering acquiring in 2016 (other):|
|ASP V-2 (18 mm)||Build pile|
|Semroc Blue Bird Zero||Build pile|
|(scratch) C6-3 burner||Wish list||Working on design.|
|(scratch) Flake||Wish list||Working on design.|
|(scratch) Flat Boy||Done|
|Semroc Point||Build pile|
|New Way Square in the Air||Build pile|
|New Way Too Square||Build pile|
|Planning to repair in 2016 (for goals):|
|LOC Precision Fantom EXL||Repair pile||For dual deploy goal. Needs e-bay refit, some repainting.|
|Considering repairing in 2016 (other):|
|Estes Ventris||Repair pile||Needs fin fillet paint.|
|Glencoe Jupiter C||Repair pile||Needs satellite/4th stage replacement.|
|Sandman Decals (Excelsior) Honest Goon||Repair pile||Fix launch rod rubbing on nose cone.|
|(scratch) Test to Destruction||Repair pile||Needs fin paint and trim tape stripe.|
|3D Rocketry Lunar Eclipse Jr.||Repair pile||Launch lugs replaced, need painting.|
|Estes Xarconian Cruiser||Repair pile||Replace lost dowel.|
|Shrockets Sea Sting||Repair pile||Reattach fin piece.|