Repairing three giveaway rockets (part 3)

For #3, I cut six seemingly identical new fins. On closer examination one finds one of them has the grain running parallel to a different edge than the others. That became the rear part of the new complex fin while one of the remaining five became the front part. Then I started gluing the other four on, swept backwards. Using my fin gluing fixture here; I don’t have enough faith in my Estes device.The ARF body tube on #2 had been rather badly de-ARFed by what looked like an accident with some solvent or something, so I masked the fins and launch lug ring and started painting. Filler primer:I also primed the #1 and #3 nose cones, which I’ve decided to swap around. The ogive nose cone I think is the correct one for the Freefall, aside from the plastic color.

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s