Repairing three giveaway rockets (part 5)

At last week’s club meeting I picked up a new (well, used) BT-5 nose cone.Nice paint job; shame it doesn’t match the rocket. I cut off the shock cord loop and carved out a larger hole.Then I made a loop of Kevlar and shoved it in along with 10 grams of BBs. Which is probably well north of enough, but I don’t have time to fix another swing test failure. Okay, okay, I do, there’s no deadline to finish this, but I’d like to get it done for Saturday.Then I shoveled some epoxy on top, let it set, and painted it blue. Rocket #3 (below the nose cone) I painted white today. That one might not get done for Saturday.

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s