Building the LOC Norad (part 6)

I put the decals on. There were a lot. It went okay. The wraparound ones stretched surprisingly much, given how careful I tried to be not to pull too hard on them, so the carefully measured length failed to match the diameter after all. No one will ever notice.

I was thinking about how to check the alignment of the decals from end to end and came up with a solution I thought worked pretty well. I took a piece of string, threaded it through the nozzle of a spent E motor casing, and tied a stop knot so it wouldn’t pull out again. I put the casing in the motor mount. 

Then I just had to stretch the string to the nose cone tip and, boom, longitudinal line.

And here’s the result.


One thought on “Building the LOC Norad (part 6)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s