Building the Quest MLAS (part 5)

Pretty good painting weather today and I got more done than I’d anticipated.

Most of the painting on the MLAS I’ve already done. Sorry about not keeping you up to date: I did apply thinned wood filler to the nose cone, sanded, repeated a few times, and sprayed Testors primer and gloss white, since early August. Several days ago I masked for black paint. Boy howdy, was it a mask.

IMG_7375 Unfortunately there were a few more masking failures than there really should have been. Today I brushed white paint on some errant black. IMG_7418 I’ll need to fix up some places that should be black and aren’t, too. Altogether this is going to be a model to be admired from a distance. But I’m learning.

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s