Sorry about how long it’s been since I updated you on this project. Here’s where it’s progressed to:
So yeah. Into the trash with it. I did such a sloppy job making and mounting the fins that I decided to go right back to square two. Square one being the ring fin, which is round, not square, and which I’m still satisfied with. That and the rear centering ring and the nose cone I can use. The rest is a do over.
I’d show you pictures of what I did next but they’d be awfully repetitious. Besides, I didn’t take any. I avoided the previous mistakes and made new ones. Nothing a coat of paint can’t cover up though.
I’ve started cutting out the fin tips. Cutting curved parts out of three laminated layers of balsa’s not the most fun thing I’ve ever done. The first one at least is kind of messy but should come out okay in the end.