Building the Binder Design Excel (part 4)

I managed to epoxy all three fins without getting any of them backwards. Barely.

Next step was to pull the fin can out of the body tube. I cut out the cardboard at the ends of the slots.IMG_3814 There were one or two places where, despite efforts to avoid it, a little epoxy had gotten onto the slot, gluing the fin to the tube. It required just a little knife work to fix that, and then the fin can came out.IMG_3815 I drilled a ¼” hole, installed the eye bolt (with epoxy on the threads), and epoxied the forward centering ring to the motor tube and fin tabs.

IMG_3816Now to just wait until the milled fiber gets here.

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s